In the Short Story boot camp you will finally get your story out!
Under the watchful eye of your coach and in the vibrant company of your writing buddies, you will be guided through the entire process of writing your short story–from creatively exploring ideas to final editing ready to send your story off for publication.
This short story boot camp is ideal for people who have always wanted to write a great story but have never found the time.
By the end of the four-week boot camp, you will have been challenged to write, revise, and edit your short story to a publishable standard.
The boot camp includes:
- a boot camp kick-off session in Vienna with your coach (Paul Malone) and other participants (your writing buddies!)
- boot camp guidelines and tips and a collection of creative writing exercises (to supercharge your imagination)
- weekly coaching emails and a rotating writing buddy system
- coach’s personal feedback on your story
- tips for final editing, formatting, publication markets, and submitting for publication
- a boot camp closing session (debriefing) where participants will share their stories.
2017 Short Story Boot Camps:
- Commenced in January 2017. See “News” for publication success stories.
- Commenced in May 2017. Success stories to follow in summer / autumn 2017
- Dates for the final 2017 short story boot camp will be released in July 2017
The boot camp kick-off and closing sessions are located in a charming studio in Vienna’s 5th district, a short walk from U4 Pilgramgasse or U4 Kettenbrückengasse. Full location details provided with booking confirmation.
Max. participants: 10
Fee: € 175 (15% off for full-time students)
You should enjoy writing and have a good understanding of English or be an English native speaker.
Along with the two group sessions (kick-off and debriefing), you will need to set aside at least 6 hours a week for independent writing and providing writing feedback to your writing buddies.
If you would like to apply for the next boot camp (winter 2017), please send an email to email@example.com. Please use the following subject: Short Story Registration. You will be sent further information.
Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight V Swain
And for those who have been writing short stories and developing their craft for some time, I highly recommend The Secrets of Story by Matt Bird.