The short story workshop is an exciting and comprehensive five-week writing program for people interested in writing short stories in English.
Under the watchful eye of your writing coach, Paul Malone and in the vibrant company of other writers, you will be guided through the entire process of writing your short story–from exploring ideas, writing a first draft, revising, editing, and (for those whose are interested) receive information about how to get your story published.
By the end of the five-week short story workshop, you will have written a short story you can be proud of!
The program includes:
- Three afternoon sessions at Praxis Wien 5
- Creative writing exercises as preparation for the workshop
- A short story workshop booklet including information about how to write a short story
- Weekly coaching emails
- A supportive writer’s network—providing and receiving story feedback
- A unique “story pitching” system
- The coach’s personal feedback on your revised story
- A closing session focused on presentation (readings) of the final stories.
- A certificate of participation
2017 Short Story workshops:
- January 2017 (completed)
- May 2017 (completed)
- October 2017 No longer taking bookings
If you are interested in joining the next short story workshop (Feb 2018), please send an email or use the form below. Workshop details available early January 2018.
The October 5-week short story workshop includes the following sessions:
- Saturday 7th October, 13:00 to 16:00
- Saturday 28th October, 13:00 to 16:00
- Saturday 11th November, 13:00 to 16:00
The workshop is held in a charming studio at Praxis Wien 5, Rüdigergasse 18/9, 1050 Vienna. The studio is a short walk from U4 Pilgramgasse or U4 Kettenbrückengasse.
Fee: € 185 (15% off for full-time students)
The workshop is suitable for beginner to experienced writers and writers with English as a 2nd language. Along with the three group sessions, you will need to set aside at least 3 hours a week for writing and communicating with other writers.
To register for the short story workshop, please send an email to Paul Malone email@example.com. or fill out the form below. You will be sent a registration form along with payment details. Your registration will be complete upon payment.